What is Death?
Death is the cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organism. Phenomena which commonly bring about death include aging, predation, malnutrition, disease, suicide, homicide, starvation, dehydration, and accidents or major trauma resulting in terminal injury. In most cases, bodies of living organisms begin to decompose shortly after death.
Traditions and beliefs related to death are an important part of human culture, and central to many religions. Nearly every culture has had some belief in an afterlife, some form of continued existence after the death of the human body. While science has lacked the technology to find scientific evidence of such existence, faith and personal experience provide support and comfort for many who understand the purpose of our life to transcend our bodies.
What is death?
- What is Death?
- What Is The Purpose Of Death?
- What is the Relationship Between Life and Death?
- Is Death Something To Be Feared?
- Who Creates Life And Death?
- Is Death The Extinction Of Life Or Is It Created As A Bounty?
- What Do We Feel At the Time of Death?
- Why Do Some Innocent People Die In Disasters Along With Others?
- A Powerful Tool For Grief And Difficult Life Changes
Paranormal concepts pertaining to death
Immortality of the Soul