Anwar Ul Bayan
Major features of this Tafsir are that it provides: simple and easy-to-understand language, complete explanation including virtues of each surah, the theme of the surah, references from hadith, statements of the Sahabah.
Muḥammad ‘Āshiq Ilāhī Bulandshahrī Muhājir Madanī (Muḥammad ‘Āshiq Ilāhī al-Baranī al-Madanī) was a prominent Indian Islamic scholar. He was a disciple of Muhammad Zakariyya Kandhlawi.
Ashiq Ilahi was born in Bulandshahr, United Provinces of British India in 1924 or 1925 (1343 AH). He graduated from Mazahir Uloom in 1363 AH.
After completing his education, Ashiq Ilahi taught at various Indian madrasas and moved to Pakistan at the request of Muhammad Shafi Deobandi in 1384 AH. He taught tafsir and hadith for twelve years at the Darul Uloom Karachi. He later moved to Medina in 1396 AH where died in 2002. He was buried in al-Baqi’.
His works include:
- Marne Ke Baad Kya Hōga?
- Islami Adab.
- Huququl Walidayn.
- Anwar Ul Bayan (5 volume Urdu commentary of the Qur’an translated to English by Mufti Afzal Hoosen Elias).
- Zadut Talibin (Translated to English by Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf Mangera, he also wrote its commentary).
- Al Fawa’idul Saniyya fi Sharhul Arba’een un Nawawiyya.
- At Tashil ud Daruri fi Masa’ilul Quduri.
“It has been ably translated into English in South Africa by Maulana Ismail Ebrahim, and edited by Ismail Khathrada and Mufti Afzal Hoosen Elias.”
READ Tafsir Anwar ul Bayan (Illuminating Discourses on the Noble Qur’an) by Mufti Muhammad Ashiq Ilahi Madani – Edited by Mufti Afzal Hussain
- Tafsir Anwar-ul- Bayan Volume 1
- Tafsir Anwar-ul- Bayan Volume 2
- Tafsir Anwar-ul- Bayan Volume 3
- Tafsir Anwar-ul- Bayan Volume 4
- Tafsir Anwar-ul- Bayan Volume 5
Adapted from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia