We have collected and put the best Consultation Quotes. Enjoy reading these insights and feel free to share this page on your social media to inspire others.
May these Consultation Quotes on many subjects inspire you to never give up and keep working towards your goals. Who knows—success could be just around the corner.
♦ ♦ ♦
Ask someone who knows; two lots of knowledge are better than one. – M. Fethullah Gulen
Consultation is the first requirement for reaching the right decision. Decisions reached without due reflection or proper consultation usually come to nothing. Individuals who depend only on themselves, are disconnected from others and unconcerned with their opinions, even if they happen to be geniuses, are at considerable risk of error, as compared to those who offer and receive opinions. – M. Fethullah Gulen
Consultation is the first condition for obtaining good results. Paying attention to the opinions of friends and well-wishers is an important means of avoiding mistakes. – M. Fethullah Gulen
Tasks undertaken without due preparation and consideration of possible consequences and ramifications, apart from making little progress, discredit upon who undertook them. Whoever begins something on a whim and then follows his or her own ideas about how the task should proceed will end up going down many roundabout or misleading roads. – M. Fethullah Gulen
Wise people know whom to consult and how to get the most benefit from their opinions. It is a pleasure to work with such people. Others, however, are so insensitive, thoughtless, and complacent about their own knowledge or competence that they intimidate others into accepting their opinions. Such people are always unbearable to those who must work with them. – M. Fethullah Gulen
Before initiating a task, consult with the other people involved so that everyone’s responsibilities are clear. Then, if something goes wrong in the future, only the person directly responsible will be blamed. Unless possible consequences of proposed actions are properly discussed in advance with experienced people, regret and remorse will be the outcome. – M. Fethullah Gulen
Opposing the majority is a mistake. This is true if the majority represents the truth, otherwise consent is a mistake. It is alright to oppose an engineer in matters of medicine, just as it is alright not to consult with a doctor on a construction project. – M. Fethullah Gulen
Even if the number of blind people increases, they still cannot determine an item’s color. Two sound eyes destroy their consensus. – M. Fethullah Gulen
There is no ‘I’ in team but there is in win. – Michael Jordan
Creating a better world requires teamwork, partnerships, and collaboration, as we need an entire army of companies to work together to build a better world within the next few decades. This means corporations must embrace the benefits of cooperating with one another. – Simon Mainwaring
Unity is strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved. – Mattie Stepanek
A successful team is a group of many hands and one mind. – Bill Bethel
Surround yourself with a trusted and loyal team. It makes all the difference. – Alison Pincus
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. – Helen Keller
No individual can win a game by himself. – Pele
None of us is as smart as all of us. – Ken Blanchard
It takes two flints to make a fire. – Louisa May Alcott
The way a team plays as a whole determines it’s success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime. – George Herman
Collaboration is working with others to do a task and to achieve shared goals. It is a recursive process where two or more or organizations work together to realize shared goals, (this is more than the intersection of common goals seen in co-operative ventures, but a deep, collective determination to reach an identical objective — for example, an endeavor that is creative in nature—by sharing knowledge, learning and building consensus.
- We should seek by all means in our power to avoid war, by analysing possible causes, by trying to remove them, by discussion in a spirit of collaboration and good will.
- Neville Chamberlain in: Northern European Overture to War, 1939–1941: From Memel to Barbarossa, BRILL, 17 May 2013, p. 31
- We’ll continue to expand our footprint… Oracle’s Fusion cloud applications for HCM, CRM and ERP all have a new simplified user interface and an integrated social network that makes our enterprise applications as easy-to-use and familiar as Facebook, while enabling better collaboration and teamwork among your employees and your customers.
- Larry Ellison in: Bob Evans Larry Ellison and Mark Hurd Emphasize Oracle’s Cloud Growth, Forbes, 7 January 2014
- The PC has improved the world in just about every area you can think of. Amazing developments in communications, collaboration and efficiencies. New kinds of entertainment and social media. Access to information and the ability to give a voice people who would never have been heard.
- Bill Gates in: Shaun Green Inside the Mind of Bill Gates, Shaun Green, 22 September 2014, p. 34
- Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.
- Andre Gide in: timothy James Brearton The Millionaire Rig Veda, Lulu.com, p. 40
- Life is not a solo act. It’s a huge collaboration, and we all need to assemble around us the people who care about us and support us in times of strife.
- Tim Gunn in: Tara Parker-Pope Postings | Recent Entries From Our Blogs, The New York Times, 21 December 2010
- The basic idea of email has remained essentially unchanged since the first networked message was sent in 1971. And while email is great for one-on-one, formal correspondence, there are far better tools for collaboration.
- Ryan Holmes in: 5 Ways Social Media Will Change The Way You Work in 2013, Forbes, 12/11/2012
- Marx and Engels are arguably history’s most famous couple. Such was the closeness of their collaboration that it is not always easy to recall which works bore both names, which just that of Marx, and which just Engels.
- Martin Jacques in: Marx’s keeper, The Guardianm, 1 May 2009
- There’s four main pillars to the bow tie – self-representation, service, collaboration and critical thought. You have to understand how to represent yourself and critically understand how to collaborate and serve others.
- Dhani Jones in: Bengals LB Jones proves to be a true Renaissance man, Official Site of the National Football League
- Politeness is the poison of collaboration.
- Edwin Land in: The Innovation Manager’s Desk Reference, Lulu.com, 1 March 2009, p.176
- The ability and desire to transform the mundane materials at hand that we both bring into the collaboration well beyond the sum total of the parts – to birth a new baby neither of us could claim single parentage of.
- Gary Lucas in: Ratzek, et al., Wirtschaftsförderung und Standortentwicklung durch Informationsdienstleistungen: das unterschätzte Potenzial von Bibliotheken, Simon Bibliothekswissen, 2008, p.90
- Creating a better world requires teamwork, partnerships, and collaboration, as we need an entire army of companies to work together to build a better world within the next few decades. This means corporations must embrace the benefits of cooperating with one another.
- Simon Mainwaring in: We First: How Brands and Consumers Use Social Media to Build a Better World, Macmillan, 7 June 2011, p. 125
- We need to develop and disseminate an entirely new paradigm and practice of collaboration that supersedes the traditional silos that have divided governments, philanthropies and private enterprises for decades and replace it with networks of partnerships working together to create a globally prosperous society.
- Simon Mainwaring in: Peter Holbrook Social Innovation and Empowerment through Partnersh, North Somerset Community Partnership (nscphealth.co.uk)
- Europe and Africa share proximity and history, ideas and ideals, trade and technology. You are tied together by the ebb and flow of people. Migration presents policy challenges – but also represents an opportunity to enhance human development, promote decent work, and strengthen collaboration.
- Ban Ki-moon in: Brussels, Belgium, 2 April 2014 – Secretary-General’s remarks to Opening of the Fourth EU-Africa Summit, un.org 2 April 2014
- In a way, editing is not unlike the movies. The best books, just like the best movies, are a collaboration. They’re only as good as the compromise made between the artists involved.
- Viggo Mortensen in: Time, Volumes 172-173, Time Incorporated, 2009, p. 1
- Social innovation thrives on collaboration; on doing things with others, rather than just to them or for them: hence the great interest in new ways of using the web to ‘crowdsource’ ideas, or the many experiments involving users in designing services.
- Geoff Mulganin: – and how to find it, The Guardian, 2 April 2011
- There is a lot to be said for collaboration, and it should be seen as just another way to do things as it is in other forms of writing, such as for television, where it is standard practice.
- James Patterson in: Nicholas Wroe James Patterson: a life in writing, The Guardian, 11 May 2013
- The digital revolution has deepened the crisis within representative democracy. But as it forces its demise, it might also dictate its future. Traditional representative democracy within nations is no longer enough. People want more participation and collaboration with their government.
- Eduardo Paes in: Polisdigitocracy, huffingtonpost.com, 4 October 2013
- As you navigate through the rest of your life, be open to collaboration. Other people and other people’s ideas are often better than your own. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.
- Amy Poehler in: Tochukwu O. Okafor, Tochukwu O Okafor MpaThe Joy of Success: What It Means to Transform Success Into Excellence, iUniverse, 8 April 2013, p. 53
- We hope that through these trade arrangements, through collaboration in training, in manpower development, and what have you, ASEAN in, say, ten years’ time, will be a very different ASEAN.
- Sellapan Ramanathanin: , World Times, 1 January 2010
- Some people think architecture is about the genius sketch; I don’t. Great architecture is a collaboration among a lot of people over a long period of time.
- Joshua Prince-Ramus in: Joshua Prince-Ramus On The Myth Of Architectural Genius, Forbes, 14 June 2010
- Fracking is doable if there’s full disclosure of all chemicals used. Secondly, science dictates the policy rather than politics. Third, there’s collaboration between environmental groups and the natural gas industry.
- Bill Richardson in: Carl Campanile It’s a fracker-jack idea: ex-energy big, 23 August 2012
- Musicals are plays, but the last collaborator is your audience, so you’ve got to wait ’til the last collaborator comes in before you can complete the collaboration.
- Stephen Sondheim in: Stephen Sondheim Interview, Academy of Achievement
- Our species is the only creative species, and it has only one creative instrument, the individual mind and spirit of a man. Nothing was ever created by two men. There are no good collaborations, whether in art, in music, in poetry, in mathematics, in philosophy. Once the miracle of creation has taken place, the group can build and extend it, but the group never invents anything. The preciousness lies in the lonely mind of a man.
- John Steinbeck in “East of Eden” quoted in: Kyoko Ariki, Luchen Li, Scott Pugh John Steinbeck’s Global Dimensions, Scarecrow Press, 2008, p. 26
- Unity is strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.
- Mattie Stepanek in: John Chen 50 Digital Team-Building Games:, John Wiley & Sons, 4 April 2012, p.125
- Collaboration is important not just because it’s a better way to learn. The spirit of collaboration is penetrating every institution and all of our lives. So learning to collaborate is part of equipping yourself for effectiveness, problem solving, innovation and life-long learning in an ever-changing networked economy.
- Don Tapscott in: The spirit of collaboration is touching all of our lives, The Globe and Mail, 7 June 2013
- Just as the Internet drops transaction and collaboration costs in business and government, it also drops the cost of dissent, of rebellion, and even insurrection.
- Don Tapscott in: M.I. Seka Life Lessons of Wisdom & Motivation – Volume III: Insightful, Enlightened and Inspirational quotations and proverbs, Providential Press, 28 February 2014, p. 67
- Good design begins with honesty, asks tough questions, comes from collaboration and from trusting your intuition.
- Freeman Thomas in: Reviving Professional Learning Communities: Strength Through Diversity, Conflict, Teamwork, and Structure, Rowman & Littlefield, 1 December 2012, p. 63
- In World War Two, the worst cases of collaboration weren’t among the real collaborators, that official Militia, but among the people at large, who were collaborators without knowing it, by a sort of laxity, an apathy.
- Paul Virilio , Pure War (2008), p. 183
You must log in to post a comment.