The meaning of life, or the answer to the question “What is the meaning of life?“, pertains to the significance of living or existence in general. Many other related questions include: “Why are we here?“, “What is life all about?“, or “What is the purpose of existence?”
On the time scale of the history of the Earth, an individual human lifetime is a mere blink of an eye. We are born, we live, and we die. What is the point of living? If we are all going to be dead in the end anyway, what difference does it make what we do with our lives? Does the finality of death make life meaningless? Why did an All-Wise Creator put humans on this earth? Is there a meaning to human life, unrealized by most people? What is our origin? What is our destination? What is? Humanity, it seems, fails to understand that purpose.
Questions about the meaning of life have been expressed in a broad variety of ways, including the following:
- Who are we?
- Why are we here?
- What is it all about?
- What are we living for?
- What are we here for?
- What is the value of life?
- What is the origin of life?
- What is the reason to live?
- What is the nature of life?
- What is the purpose of life?
- What is the nature of reality?
- What is the meaning of life?
- What is the significance of life?
- What is the purpose of one’s life
- What is meaningful and valuable in life?