A Salvation Prayer for Others
Salvation (الخلاص, al-ḵalaṣ) is being saved or protected from harm or being saved or delivered from a dire situation. In religion, salvation is the saving of the soul from sin and its consequences.
We have collected some of the best prayers for Salvation to use in request to God. May these prayers for safety bring you comfort and peace of mind. May these prayers for strength encourage your spirit and strengthen your faith. See also Prayers for Salvation
“Don’t give up praying for your unsaved family members.”
How To Pray For Unsaved family members
There are countless verses in the Bible through which you can pray for your family members by name. Here are a few to help guide you in your prayers:
- Father God, I know that “no one can come to [Jesus] unless the Father . . . draws them” (John 6:44). I ask that You draw _____________ to Your Son, that he/she may know You personally and spend eternity with You.
- Lord God, I ask that You move upon _____________’s heart to accept the Truth of Christ. “Give them a heart to know [You], that [You are] the Lord, [so that] they will be [Your] people, and [You] will be their God,” and may they “return to [You] with all their heart” (Jeremiah 24:7).
- Overwhelm _____________ with the reality of Your love for him/her, that he/she may “grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge” (Ephesians 3:18-19).
- Lord, use me to “open _____________’s eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in [You]” (Acts 26:18).
- Holy Spirit, show me specifically how to minister to each member of my family—whether I should “be merciful to those who doubt; save others by snatching them from the fire; [or] show mercy, mixed with fear” (Jude 1:23). Reveal opportunities to share about You, and give me the strength to obey when You open the door.
- Father God, Your Word says that “godly sorrow brings repentance which leads to salvation and leaves no regret” (2 Corinthians 7:10). Only You can open our eyes to the reality that all have sinned and fallen short of Your glory. Come upon _____________ with a sense of godly sorrow for his/her sin, that he/she may repent, surrender to You, and be saved.
As we pray, God readies our hearts to do His will, while also inviting us to rest in the fact that only He can change hearts.
— Leading The Way with Dr. Michael Youssef, Inc.
Prayer for the Salvation of the Lost
Note: Where there is an blank line ( _________ ), fill in the names of the people or places for which you are praying to personalize your prayers.
- Because I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, I can declare that I and my household are saved! Acts 16:13, Job 22:28
- Lord, I thank you that you deliver the ones for whom I intercede that are not yet innocent, ____________ will be delivered through the cleanness of my hands. Job 22:30
- Many are the plans in ___________’s mind, but it is your purpose that will stand for them. Proverbs 19:21
- You said in Isaiah 49:24 that even though __________ has been prey to the mighty or has been taken captive lawfully, he/she shall be delivered. For you will contend with those that contend with me, and you will save my children. You have promised to pour out Your Spirit upon my seed and your blessings upon my offspring. Isaiah 44:3, Isaiah 59:21
- My children shall dwell safely and continue, and their descendants shall be established before You. Psalms 102:28
- The seed of the righteous shall be delivered. Deliver ___________ from the snare of the fowler (the enemy) Proverbs 11:21, Psalms 91:6
- I pray that __________ will come to his-her senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has had them captive to do his will. 2 Timothy 2:26
- I pray that the Spirit of Truth would penetrate __________’s heart.
- __________ has been translated out of the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of Your dear Son, Jesus Christ. Colossians 1:13
- No one is able to snatch __________ out of your hand. John 10:29
- I thank you that the Holy Spirit convicts __________ of sin, righteousness, and judgment. The Holy Spirit convinces and persuades __________ of their need for Jesus. John 16:8
- Open __________’s eyes and turn him/her from darkness to light, from the power of satan unto God that he/she may receive forgiveness of sins, and an inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in Christ Jesus. Acts 26:18
- Alert __________ to know the times, that now it is high time for him/her to awake out of sleep, for now is his/her salvation nearer than when he/she believed. I pray that __________ will put on the Lord Jesus Christ and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof. Romans 13:11-14
- Thank You for Your Word that says, “Refrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded, says the Lord, and they shall come back from the land of the enemy. There is hope in your future, says the Lord, that your children shall come back to their own border. Jeremiah 31:16-17
- I call in the harvest, I say to the north, give up! And to the south, keep not back! To the east and the west, bring our sons and daughters from afar! For the time of the harvest is come, the later rain is here and the fields are white for harvest. Laborers go forth! Go out into the highways hedges, and compel them to come in, that God’ house may be filled!! In Jesus Name, Amen. Isaiah 43:5-6, John 4:35, Matthew 9:37-38, Luke 14:23
- Holy Spirit, give __________ Godly sorrow that brings repentance. 2 Corinthians 7:10
- I am thankful that God is helping us add to the church daily such as should be saved. We believe this building is filled to overflowing as we, the body of Christ, daily share the good news of God’s love with others outside our sanctuary. We will be obedient to the plan of God for our lives and allow the Holy Spirit to direct our footsteps to those who are ripe for harvest. According to the Word of God, His Word will increase and the number of disciples will be multiplied. As I am a co-laborer with God, we confess His glory is manifested in us daily.
A Salvation Prayer for Others
Father, I come before You in prayer and in faith, believing. Your WORD says You desire for all men to be saved and to come into the knowledge of the truth, so I bring _____________________ before You this day.
I break the power of Satan from his assignments and activities in ___________________’s life in the Name of Jesus. Now, while Satan is bound, I ask that You send forth the perfect laborers to share the good news of the gospel in such a way that he/she will listen and understand it. As the truth is ministered, I believe ____________________ will come to his/her senses and come out of the snare of the devil and make Jesus The LORD of his/her life.
Father, I ask that You fill ____________________ with the knowledge of Your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. As I intercede in his/her behalf, I believe that the power of the Holy Spirit is activated and from this moment on, I will praise and thank You for ____________________’s salvation.
I am confident that You are alert and active, watching over Your WORD to perform it. It will not return to You void. It will accomplish that which You please, and prosper in the thing whereto it was sent. Therefore, my confession of faith is, “God has begun a good work in ____________________’s life, and He will perform it and bring it to full completion until the day of Jesus Christ. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Scripture References: 2 Peter 3:9; Matthew 18:18, 9:37-38; 2 Timothy 2:26; Jeremiah 1:12; Isaiah 55:11; Philippians 1:6.
—- Eagle Mountain International Church Inc. Aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries
Praying for the Salvation of Someone You Love
Jesus, You came to seek and to save that which was lost. You want everyone to be saved and to understand the truth, that You are the only Mediator who can reconcile God with humanity. You gave Your life to purchase freedom for everyone; I lift up _____ to You, that he may joyfully accept Your salvation and Your truth. Luke 19:10, 1 Timothy 2:3-6 NLT
Lord I thank You for Your long suffering love, which means that You are not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. Right now _____ does not receive the things of Your Spirit, because they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But Father, I know that there is nothing too hard for You. I pray that You will give _____ a new heart and put a new spirit within him; please take his heart of stone and replace it with a heart of flesh. Then he shall be one of Your people, and You shall be his God. 2 Peter 3:9, 1 Corinthians 2:14, Jeremiah 32:17, Ezekiel 36:26, 28
Father, it is my heart’s desire and prayer that _____ may be saved. For _____ is ignorant of Your righteousness and seeks to establish his own righteousness, not submitting to You. But if he will confess Jesus with his mouth and believe in his heart that You raised Him from the dead, _____ will be saved. I pray, Father, that You will use me to preach the gospel of peace to _____, but if not me then someone else who knows You, because faith comes by hearing and hearing by Your Word. Romans 10:1-3, 9, 15, 17
Jesus, I pray that You will use me as You used Paul, to open _____’s eyes, in order to turn _____ from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to You, that _____ may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in You. Please give me the right words so that I can boldly explain Your mysterious and wonderful plan to _____. I want to work in the fields of Your harvest, Lord, fulfilling Your command to go and make disciples. Acts 26:18, Galatians 6:19, Luke 10:2, Matthew 28:19
Jesus, You taught that none can come to You unless the Father who sent You draws them to You. I pray that You will enable_____ to share in the inheritance that belongs to Your people who live in the light. Rescue _____, I pray, from the kingdom of darkness and transfer _____ into Your Kingdom. I thank You Jesus, for purchasing our freedom and forgiving our sins. John 6:44, Colossians 1:12-13
God, by Your grace You saved me when I believed. I can’t take credit for this; it was a gift from You. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so no one can boast about it. Forgive me if I ever dare to brag or act like I am better than anyone else because I have this gift. I pray that _____ will also accept this glorious gift which You offer to all. Ephesians 2:8-10 ESV
Jesus, the Good News I want to share with _____ seems to be hidden behind a veil, so _____ can’t understand it. Satan, the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. ______ is unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. Help me to say only that Jesus Christ is Lord, and I am His servant. Don’t let me become involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start quarrels. You warn that Your servants must not argue but be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. Show me how to gently instruct _____ or anyone who opposes the truth. Please grant _____ repentance, so that he may come to his senses and escape the snare of the devil. Up til now _____ has been held captive by the devil to do whatever he wants; You have come to set us free. 2 Timothy 2:23-26 ESV, 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 ESV, Galatians 5:1
For this reason I bow my knees to You, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from Whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that You would grant _____, according to the riches of Your glory, to be strengthened with might through Your Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in _____’s heart through faith; that _____, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height- to know Your love through Christ which passes knowledge; that _____ may be filled with all Your fullness. Now to You, Who are able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to You be all glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:14-21
Prayer for A Heart to Serve Others
Father, thank You for the opportunity to serve others. I pray that You would continue to instill this value into us and our children. Help us to see others the way you see them. Lord, we pray that You show us the needs of those around us. Help us to be others focused and in tune to Your Spirit, so that we can help those that are hurting. Lord, give us the grace to serve when it’s hard. Give us the strength to keep going when we are worn out from our own situations. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
You must log in to post a comment.